Thursday, December 22, 2011

Oreo Truffles

I love Oreo Truffles. I might have NEVER made them or tried them had it not been for my niece who made them Thanksgiving 2009. I had a lot of left-over Wilton Melts and I didn't want to waste them so I made truffles covered in wonderful Holiday colors!

To make them you need a whole box of Oreo's, just the original. With a food processor grind them up, at this point you can choose to save a little for the top of the truffles, then add in a block of cream cheese and pulse until it's all combined. Form into balls on a wax paper lined cookie sheet. I like to get them cold for a good 1/2 hour or so but you don't have to. Once they've been chilling for a little while I melt the candy. I use a small bowl, add the melts and heat in the microwave for a minute. Stir and heat again for another 30 seconds or until it's all melted. I dip the truffles into the melts using a fondue fork, place back on the wax paper lined cookie sheet and add a little of the left over crushed oreos. These don't last long so make a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment